The Election Process:
Our annual election for Chapter Leadership positions occurs in advance of our annual Strategic Planning Summit. This provides newly elected Leaders to participate in the Project and Program planning for the next budget year.
Each Chapter Leadership position statement speaks to the responsibilities and authorities of that position. Being a PMI Chapter, each Volunteer Leader is held to the PMI code of ethics, confidentiality and conflict of interest policies.
The duly elected Volunteer Leaders will serve a two year term from January 2022 – December 2023. Our Bylaws limit Chapter Leadership positions to three consecutive terms.
The election results will be in October 2021. So... start considering if you want to be Chapter or Branch Leader.
Where do you want to build your leadership skills?
Chapter Leadership Positions for 2022-2023 Term
Vice President of Programs
- Coordinate with Branch Board Members to implement education events like our monthly lunch meetings and annual PMP/CAPM certification preparation courses or study groups
- Coordinate certification and professional development events like our annual conference, with our partner OPMAB
- Develop and improve our processes for documentation and event implementation such as presenter history and frequency, presenter contact information, event planning checklists, etc
Vice President of Technology
- Become our SME for our technology tools like the website, virtual platforms, and communication tools
- Coordinate with VP Programs and VP Outreach to develop our event promotion and manage our registrations
- Identify and implement new chapter collaboration tools
Vice President of Finance
- Prepare our annual operation and capital budgets alongside Chapter Board learders to implement our annual strategy plans
- Manage the Chapter funds and coordinate expenses for events and items like our branded coats and notebooks
- Administer the payments methods and coordinate with the Chapter President for audits and tax submissions
Eugene, Corvallis, Salem Branch President
- Build and lead a team of Branch volunteers
- Develop a Branch Strategic Plan and plan events targeted to the unique Branch demographics
- Build relationships with local businesses, educational institutions, and members
- Develop an annual fiscal and operational plan for the Branch activities
Chapter Administrator (Current Open Position)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Common responsibilities for all Board Members.
- Coordinate and distribute board meeting agendas.
- Collect, coordinate and distribute current board initiative status reports.
- Maintain chapter document archive.
- Maintain Operations Manual.