Candidates for 2022-2023 Chapter Board
The PMI Willamette Valley Chapter Board is excited to introduce our candidates for the 2021 election! Take a look at their extensive qualifications and be ready to make your vote. Be on the lookout for the election survey in your email shortly.
Eugene Branch President
Matt is a recognized leader in the private and public sector with over 20 years of experience as an IT professional in leadership, strategic planning, project management, cybersecurity, business analysis, product development, product lifecycle management, enterprise architecture, system integration, and procurement.
Matt is a Sr. Partner with Whitlock Consulting Group (WCG). WCG has developed a niche in the industry as a valued partner of utilities and municipalities seeking to evaluate their current systems, apply industry best practices, and improve internal process efficiency. Matt is responsible for Project Management, Solution Architecture, Requirements Gathering, Contract Development, and Solicitation Development at WCG.
Before WCG, Matt served as the Chief Information Officer at Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB) where he developed a 10-Year Information Services Strategic Plan and the supporting Technical Application Roadmap. During his time at EWEB, Matt was the project co-sponsor for their AMI Implementation, CIS Replacement, Work and Asset Management System Stabilization, and Customer Experience Enhancement projects.
He lives in Eugene with his wife. Matt enjoys cooking, traveling, and volunteering with Court Appointed Special Advocates advocating for children in foster care.
20 years of experience as an IT professional
VP of Finance
Thank you for the opportunity to be nominated to be the Vice President of Finance for the PMI Willamette Valley Chapter. Below is my experience that I believe qualifies me for this important position:
I have over 15 years of project management experience, including managing budgets and contracts for large, complex projects at Lane County and at Oregon State University.
As the IT Director for the OSU University Shared Services Enterprise, I
- prepared, managed, and presented annual technical services budgets in support of centralized and hosted services for public universities. The budgets included labor, shared infrastructure, ERP systems, and data warehouses for seven Oregon public universities, as well as income for services delivered to the seven Oregon public universities
- managed all IT vendor relationships, negotiated related contracts, approved payment for all expenses for the IT division of USSE
- coordinated budgets for staff training, conferences, and other shared events with CIOs from public universities
- worked with other department directors in support of finance and payroll systems
- led IT operational and strategic planning to include fostering innovation and common solutions
As a Project Manager at Lane County, I
- managed project budgets to implement COTS solutions, including procurement of hardware, software, and system licensing
- managed project budgets to implement custom solutions, including labor, procurement of hardware, software, and system licensing
- worked with department directors and accounting staff to manage vendor contracts and change requests, and to approve payment for deliverables
- participated on the IT strategic planning committee
Additional PMI experience and volunteer work
- PMI member and Willamette Valley Chapter member since 2008
- PMP Certificate since 2008
- PMI Branch Officer: Former VP of Membership for the Eugene Branch of the Willamette Valley Chapter
- Volunteer instructor for the PMP Prep Course/Study Group
- Volunteer committee member for the 2021 Project Management Conference working on the conference budget
15 years of project management experience, including managing budgets and contracts for large, complex projects at Lane County and at Oregon State University.