What Every Project Manager Needs to Know about Business Analysis
Did you know that…
- 47% (nearly half!) of unsuccessful projects fail to meet their intended goals due to poor requirements and that
- for every 1 billion dollars spent on projects and programs $51 million (5.1%) is wasted as a result of poor requirements management?
These are just some of the alarming statistics that PMI has published in recent years in its Pulse of the Profession® reports. There is no doubt that Business Analysis is a critical competency for project and program managers – yet many project teams are lacking those with the necessary skills to perform this important work.
Join business analysis thought leader, Laura Paton for her presentation on ‘What Every Project Manager Needs to Know About Business Analysis’. She will discuss the critical competency of business analysis – why it’s important – what you should be doing to master this competency – and how to get started! Your project’s success relies heavily upon the effective execution of business analysis therefore you can’t afford not to understand this important work. Whether you manage portfolios, programs, or projects - you won’t want to miss this event.
About the Speaker
Laura Paton is a business analysis thought leader with over 30 years of in-depth project management and business analysis experience. She is passionate about helping organizations and individuals mature and improve their BA skills and practices. Over the last
10 years – she has contributed to leading the development efforts of some of the most widely used business analysis standards in use across the globe.
For the Project Management Institute (PMI):
* Chair/author for The PMI Guide to Business Analysis
* Chair/author for Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
* Harmonization Team Member for The Standard for Portfolio Management 4th Edition
* Subject Matter Expert Reviewer for Agile Practice Guide
* Reviewer for A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) 6th edition
For the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA):
* Chair/core team author for A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide) v3
* Project manager, BABOK® Guide v2
* Head of New Product Development 2011-2014, Product Manager Consultant 2018-2019
* Past chapter VP of Education and Professional Development (Raleigh, NC)
|Event Date||11-15-2019 12:00 pm|
|Event End Date||11-15-2019 1:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-14-2019 8:00 am|
|Cut off date||11-15-2019 12:00 pm|
|12:15pm - 1:15pm||
What Every PM Needs to Know about BA
|11:45am - 12:00pm||
Attendees arrive for check-in and registration, network with other PMI members
|12:00pm - 12:15pm||
Attendees get lunch and Corvallis Branch leadership provides announcements.
|1:15pm - 1:30pm||
Final Q&A, follow-up networking with attendees.