How to claim Professional Development Units (PDUs)
While not always exciting, as certified PMPs, tracking and claiming PDUs is a necessary part of maintaining our certifications. Since PMI changed the way PDUs are reported at the end of 2015, there has been some confusion about how to submit the information correctly into the website.
Since our chapter documentation was out of date, I wanted to take this opportunity the share the process I have been following to successfully submit PDU claims to PMI. The steps listed below should allow you navigate the new reporting structure. Good luck!
All PMI certifications require Professional Development Units (PDUs) to maintain the certification.
These PDUs should be reported on the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS). The CCRS Dashboard can be accessed from the PMI site, in the “myPMI” area. The CCRS Dashboard is a great place to see where you stand with PDUs broken down by area.
(You may be asked to log in if you have not already done so.)
Follow this detailed example to report PDUs from a Willamette Valley PMI meeting:
- Login / Register with you PMI Username and Password.
- Go to the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS). https://my.pmi.org
- From the dashboard you click “Report PDUs”. This will show you a page outlining the types of activities for which you can claim PDUs.
- Step 1: Click on “Organization Meetings”
- Step 2: Enter the Meeting or Conference Information.
- Organization/Host PMI Willamette Valley, OR Chapter
- Title (example: Monthly Salem Branch - PMO Maturity Models)
- Description Event description (optional)
- Date Started The meeting date
- Date Completed The meeting date
- Step 3: Enter the PDUs Claimed
- Most monthly branch meetings are 1 PDU
- Choose the applicable area from the PMP Talent Triangle. If you need additional information to choose the correct area, see http://www.pmi.org/certification/ccr-updates/know-the-details.aspx.
- Step 4: Click the checkbox “I agree this claim is accurate”
- Step 5: Click “Submit” to finish reporting your PDUs
You can Logout or report another Claim. You should receive and email confirmation that your claim was submitted.